Join our amazing team at Upper Island Counselling! We are a not for profit society that provides a unique community based counselling service to the employees and families of our member companies. We require a qualified, experienced counsellor in our Campbell River office on beautiful Vancouver Island. Trust us – it is an excellent place to work!
- Provides professional assessment, short term, goal-oriented counselling, resource information and referrals.
- Requires willingness to work flexible hours, including some early evenings.
- Hourly wage and benefits in accordance with professional standards.
- Number of hours per week to be determined at time of offer (2-3 days per week to start).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counselling for individuals (youth & adults), couples, and families presenting with a wide range of issues and concerns.
- Clinical referrals to community resources and case management as needed.
- Maintenance of clinical case notes on case management software.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and workshops as requested.
- Works effectively and collaboratively as a member of the UIC team.
- Masters of Counselling Psychology, Masters of Clinical Social Work or similar academic training in a related discipline.
- Registration in a professional association.
- Preferably 5 years minimum experience.
- EFAP counselling experience an asset.
Start date of position is May 1, 2019.
For more information about UIC visit our website at www.uics.ca
Please submit resume by April 5, 2019 to:
Kelsi Baine, Executive Director
Upper Island Counselling
625C 11th Ave, Campbell River, BC V9W 4G5
Fax: 250-287-3380 or email: