Employee and Family Assistance Program
Upper Island Counselling offers a uniquely valuable Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to over 75 member companies in our upper island communities.
This community-based partnership has several distinct and essential characteristics that make our EFAP unique:
- A not-for-profit, community based organization dedicated to the health and wellness of our member companies’ employees and families.
- A professional counselling service available to employees, eligible family members, and retirees of our member companies.
- An assessment session is followed by short-term, goal oriented counselling and referrals as needed.
- Individual, couples, and family counselling available, as well as various wellness tools and resources.
- An emphasis on prompt, direct accessibility to service without delay or excessive paperwork.
- No fixed limit to the number of sessions per individual or family.
- A broad range of wellness workshops and presentations are available.
- Immediate critical incident response, debriefings, and follow up support.
- Training for workplace EFAP representatives to promote and maintain the EFAP from within to best support employee wellness.
- All use of the EFAP is in strict confidence and Upper Island Counselling does not disclose individual usage to the workplace.
We believe a community-based, compassionate, and comprehensive EFAP is the cornerstone to mental health, safety, and wellness in our local organizations, businesses, and communities at large.
We are here to provide professional counselling and wellness services to our membership that is prompt, preventative, and effective.
Having offered an EFAP in our communities for 30 years now, we understand local personal and workplace issues and can assist our clients toward improved balance, happiness, and well-being.
Caring for you. Caring for our communities, through;
- A community based EFAP
- Private Counselling
- Absolute Confidentiality
- No Fixed Number of Sessions
- 24/7 services
- Face to face, E-counselling, phone, Skype available