Professional counselling is available for you at Upper Island Counselling. It is confidential, compassionate, accessible, and it can be an important part of improving and maintaining your health and wellness.
We care, and are happy to support you with;
- an assessment session
- goal oriented counselling sessions
- referrals and resource building
- case management (connecting with other healthcare professionals in your life to coordinate treatment)
- resources and library materials
Our diverse, experienced, and highly skilled counsellors can support you with any personal concern including:
- relationship issues
- parenting challenges
- psychological/emotional issues
- stress, anxiety, depression
- substance use and addictions
- critical incident stress
- self-care, balance, mindfulness
- loss and grief
Accessing our services is a simple three step process:
- Recognize a concern: You or your family member identifies a personal concern, or are seeking information on wellness or prevention.
- Remember that Upper Island Counselling is here to help you.
- Reach out: Call to make an appointment with one our counsellors.
Alternatives to face to face counselling
If you live in remote areas or have physical limitations that prevent you from attending counselling in one of our offices, we offer alternative options that may work for you. Chat style counselling (on our highly secure portal), email counselling, phone counselling, or Skype sessions are all available if you are unable to attend one of our offices. These services are effective, accessible, and time efficient.