Healthy employees, healthy families, healthy companies.
Our story began in 1987 when Upper Island companies and labour organizations began to recognize that if they could better support employee and family issues, healthier people would deliver better results, create safer workplaces, and a healthier community.
To that end, Upper Island Counselling was founded and tasked to provide support for employees and their families that would offer accessibility, professionalism, compassion, and positive outcomes.
UICS is here to provide counselling and wellness resources so that our clients, our member companies, and our communities can be healthy and productive. We deliver a range of counselling services in house and work with community agencies and treatment centers to offer the most comprehensive and effective services possible.
Outcomes matter to us. As a not for profit society, our success is measured by the outcomes we deliver to our member companies employees and families.
How we support your Workplace
Meeting Your Organization’s Needs
Whatever the size of your employee group, we are committed to anticipating your ever-changing needs and delivering relevant, cost-effective services. Beyond providing direct access to counselling for your employees, we also offer the following for employers and managers:
- Guidance and consultation for supporting employees with personal or work issues.
- Involvement in companywide educational programs and health and wellness programs.
- Team building and group dynamics.
- Trauma and critical incident response.
- Educational health and wellness presentations and workshops.
- EFAP training of selected worksite representatives or committees.
- Liaison and consultation with EFAP representatives by request.
- Worksite visits and awareness presentations to promote and personalize the EFAP program.
Workplaces are vulnerable both emotionally and financially to an employee's personal difficulties. We can help you protect your greatest asset - your employees.
Outcomes matter to us. We specialize in helping employees and their families address distressing levels of discomfort in their lives, allowing them to regain focus and balance at home and work. By partnering with us, employees who access our services are anticipated to positively contribute to your organization through:
- Improved productivity;
- Increased workplace safety;
- Decreased absenteeism;
- Better stress management and conflict resolution strategies;
- Increased overall morale creating a more positive workplace for all.