Our model is a unique, community-based partnership of local employers, employees, and affiliated unions. We have several distinct and essential characteristics:
- A non-profit service owned and operated at the community level by those it serves.
- An affordable, proactive, prevention-focused employee benefit program located away from the workplace.
- No limit to the number of sessions per individual or family.
- Services are accessed on a voluntary basis.
- Includes a broad range of prevention, intervention and wellness services.
- Offers confidential services to all employees, retirees, and dependent family members.
- EFAP Representatives (designated employees at member workplaces) are trained to encourage use of the counselling services and promote employee wellness.